UN boss warns of Kosovo Serb murder, monastery road

Izvor: N1 televizija, 01.Avg.2018, 17:48   (ažurirano 02.Apr.2020.)

UN boss warns of Kosovo Serb murder, monastery road

The United Nations Secretary-General warned on Wednesday that the building of a road near a Serb Orthodox Monastery in Kosovo was against the law and said he was worried by the lack of any results in the investigation into the murder of a local Serb leader, the FoNet news agency reported.

António Guterres added he was contented with the continuation of the Belgrade – Pristina dialogue on normalisation of relations, adding that though there had been no results from the >> Pročitaj celu vest na sajtu N1 televizija << talks yet, "it was essential to continue with the meetings which offer new possibilities for a solution."

In his report on the situation in Kosovo covering the period between April and July, he said he was “distraught” by the plan to build the road in the protected zone surrounding the Visoki Decani monastery and called on the local authorities to respect laws and decisions which said that any construction in the area was prohibited.

Guterres also referred to the murder of a prominent Kosovo Serb politician, slain on January 16, outside his party’s headquarters in Northern Mitrovica.

“I notice, with growing worry, that the murder of Oliver Ivanovic hasn’t been solved six months after it happened. I call on Kosovo authorities to intensify the investigation and use all available channels that can help them,” Guterres said in the report carried by Serbia's state RTS television.

He added he “encourage both Belgrade and Pristina leaders to continue the dialogue facilitated by the European Union, and to fully honour all agreements made .”

Guterres’ report described an overall situation in Kosovo as “stable”, reminding about the fact that the Serb MPs were not participating in the Kosovo parliament work since the arrest of a Belgrade official in March.

He praised Kosovo's President Hashim Thaci and Prime Minister Ramush Haradinaj for condemning the series of ethnically motivated incidents the local Serbs complained about.

Guterres devoted a part of his report to the return of people that fled Kosovo, saying that there were 77 returnees and that the UN refugee agency said there still were 89,480 internally displaced people following the 1998-1999 conflict.

The vast majority of them, 72,000, is in Serbia.

The UN Secretary-General’s report adds that 1,647 people are still missing following the conflict.
Pogledaj vesti o: Autonomna pokrajina Kosovo i Metohija

Nastavak na N1 televizija...



Povezane vesti

Serbia’s activists fined for protesting against war crimina

Izvor: N1 televizija, 02.Avg.2018, 11:40

The Youth Initiative for Human Rights said that Wednesday’s court ruling to fine eight of their members for a protest over a convicted war criminal participation in public debate was “cynical and shameful,” the Beta news agency reported...They were convicted of “violating public order” during...

Nastavak na N1 televizija...

Napomena: Ova vest je automatizovano (softverski) preuzeta sa sajta N1 televizija. Nije preneta ručno, niti proverena od strane uredništva portala "Vesti.rs", već je preneta automatski, računajući na savesnost i dobru nameru sajta N1 televizija. Ukoliko vest (članak) sadrži netačne navode, vređa nekog, ili krši nečija autorska prava - molimo Vas da nas o tome ODMAH obavestite obavestite kako bismo uklonili sporni sadržaj.