Bosnian Court issues warrant for war crimes defendant
Bosnia’s State Court said it has issued an arrest warrant for Dragomir Kezunovic, who was convicted on war crimes charges in a first instance ruling in July this year.
The warrant was issued on July 20, the court told the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN).
Just eight days earlier, the court sentenced Kezunovic along with four other former Bosnian Serb military policemen to a total of 82 years in prison for killing 28 Bosniak civilians on Mount Borje near >> Pročitaj celu vest na sajtu N1 televizija << the northern town of Teslic in 1992. Kezunovic was sentenced to 14 years in prison in the first instance ruling.
‘Defendant Dragomir Kezunovic lives in Novi Sad, Republic of Serbia. The Prosecutors’ Office of Bosnia and Herzegovina has during the criminal proceedings not requested restrictive measures or pre-trial detention for Kezunovic as he regularly came to the hearings,’ the Court said earlier this year.
Kezunovic was not present at the sentencing.